Wednesday, 24 June 2026

June DT Project 2 for Country View Crafts and Challenges - Nature

Hello, 

It’s time for my second DT project for Country View Crafts and Challenges for June on Facebook. 
What a beautiful theme our lovely team member Lyns has chosen for this month, Nature, and there’s been some really lovely entries already. 

The challenge is open worldwide and you can join the group here where you will find information on how to enter:
There’s a fabulous £20 voucher to be won for a randomly selected winner. 

I’ve been having a bit of a sort out and I came across some background papers I made in an Alison Bomber workshop I attended last year at Country View Crafts. 
They were just calling out to me to use for this project and I decided to make a few cards to have on hand. 

First I cut and folded the main card base in white 309gsm card. 
Originally my background pieces were created using Paperartsy Mattints and I used the Alison Bomber Paperartsy Fodder School Edition stamp set to layer in the background. 


On the already prepared pieces, I used the stencil PS452 by Alison Bomber Paperartsy, using Distress Ink Hickory Smoke to give it some depth in the background too. 


I edged each background with a Tim Holtz Tonic distresser tool to give it some texture, then I glued these onto the folded cards. I added a postage stamp to each one from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Postmarked Sticker Book. 

Next I stamped up some berries from the Fodder School Edition stamp set with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink on white watercolour card. 
I coloured these with Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils - Festive Berries, Tea Dye, Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn and Evergreen Bough from Distress Set 4. 


Then I fussy these out and coloured in the inner white areas with Distress Watercolor Pencil Walnut Stain to blend into the background.
 


I scrunched up some cotton and glued it under where the berries were going to sit on my background. I glued down the back layer of berries and then added thin sticky back foam to lift the upper layer of berries up a little. 

Finally to complete my cards, I layered a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk sticker book onto black cardstock and placed these onto the background with a thin piece of foam tape. And here they are...


I hope you like my cards and may be inspired to make some like these for yourself and also to join in our challenge on Facebook. You have until the end of the month to enter.
 

Thanks for stopping by my blog. 
Have a great day
Hugs
Carol x 

Products used:
(If anything is out of stock you can always contact Brenda at Country View Crafts to see if she can order it in for you, and she ships overseas too). 

Alison Bomber Paperartsy Stencil PS452

Alison Bomber Paperartsy Stamps Fodder School Edition EABF

Paperartsy Mattints

Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Inks

Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Pencils 

VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink-pad

Tim Holtz Tonic Paper Distresser Tool

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk Sticker Book (currently out of stock)

Tim Holtz Idea-ology Postmarked Sticker Book (currently out of stock)


No comments:

Post a Comment

August - DT Project 1 for Country View Crafts and Challenges - Monochrome

Hello, Happy August!  Here I am with my first DT post for August, for Country View Crafts and Challenges on Facebook.  The theme for this mo...